You can query Foobar's database!!!
Aug 21, 2004 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jasper994

Organizer for Can Jam '09
I was trying to get Foobar's diskwriter to work so I downloaded version 8.3 special and installed all the components, for whatever reason I hadn't installed all the components before... Whoa! lots of new stuff... So I'm going through the menus and I found one that talks about creating playlists... pretty cool, wonder what it does... whoa! You can query foobar's database!!!

From the menu at the top click components then select extended playlist generator then configure playlist query.

If you click help it'll pull up a web page that gives you instructions on writing queries. It's really cool as you can query any field in the metadata or filename. You can even give fields multiple values: for example, if you want to include Norah Jones' music in Vocal and Jazz genres, you can. So maybe you want to query for: "genre IS vocal" and you'll get all music by Norah Jones, Sade, Josh Groban, Diana Krall and Charlotte Church. Another time maybe you just want jazz so you query "genre IS jazz" and it'll return Norah Jones and Diana Krall, but not the others. Anyway, it's infinitely configurable since you can assign the values you want to the different fields and then query for them to create playlists!

I just can't believe how powerful Foobar is becoming... you can burn CD's, convert formats and now query the database!

Aug 21, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 4
Foobar can do virtually anything you'd ever want to do to a music file.
tongue.gif
All that and actually sound good, and not be memory intensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back