You can only choose one rig. What would it be?
Jan 18, 2024 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gc335

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, I thought this might be a fun exercise and discussion.

Scenario:
Robbers come to your house. They were nice enough to leave you one of your rigs. If you had a choice, what would you have them leave and why?

Rules: It can be any one chain. DAP>IEM/Headphone, DAP>DAC>AMP>IEM/Headphone, etc. Hope that makes sense. If this thread catches on, feel free to update your choice and tell us why you made the change.

It doesn't necessarily need to be the most expense or the newest. Just what you enjoy the most with the most variety of music.

For me, it would be iPad>Mojo 2> IE600. The UI on the iPad is amazing. The Mojo 2 sounds fantastic with a ton of features including the best EQ that I've ever used. The IE600 is such a fun and versatile IEM. It's comfortable and sound good with everything I throw at especially with a touch of EQ on some music.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 5
SP3000 -> PW Audio Anniversary Series No.5 (8-Wire) -> Monarch MKII -> Baroque

Perfect level of technical performance matched with fun factor and luxury.

Everything you’d ever need for on the go but end game level of performance without divorce inducing expense.

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #3 of 5
SP3000 -> PW Audio Anniversary Series No.5 (8-Wire) -> Monarch MKII -> Baroque

Perfect level of technical performance matched with fun factor and luxury.

Everything you’d ever need for on the go but end game level of performance without divorce inducing expense.
Thanks for sharing! The Monarch is outstanding. Have you tried the 3?

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for sharing! The Monarch is outstanding. Have you tried the 3?
Nope. To be totally honest after I upgraded from the MKI to the MKII I stopped looking for IEM’s entirely.

I visited my local shop a couple months ago and A/B’d my MKII’s with the Campfire Bonneville & Viking Ragnar and vastly preferred my Monarchs. I left the shop perfectly happy.

I’m saving up for the SP3000 though. I love my KANN Max but the SP3000 is on another planet technically. The Monarchs sounded phenomenal on it. Super wide soundstage and absolute end game for tonality. Easily one of the best synergies I’ve heard.

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #5 of 5
Nope. To be totally honest after I upgraded from the MKI to the MKII I stopped looking for IEM’s entirely.

I visited my local shop a couple months ago and A/B’d my MKII’s with the Campfire Bonneville & Viking Ragnar and vastly preferred my Monarchs. I left the shop perfectly happy.

I’m saving up for the SP3000 though. I love my KANN Max but the SP3000 is on another planet technically. The Monarchs sounded phenomenal on it. Super wide soundstage and absolute end game for tonality. Easily one of the best synergies I’ve heard.
I’ve heard the SP2000 and was impressed. I’ll be at CanJam NYC and that’s on my to try list.

I have the same feeling about the IE600. So good overall. I have the IE900 which is amazing as well but doesn’t replace the 600 at least for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back