Yo La Tengo?
Jan 12, 2002 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by wab
I downloaded a few mp3's and really like what I'm hearing. Anyone have a recommendation what would be a good album to start?

I have only two of their albums - "And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out" and "Painful", both are excellent, but the first remains my personal favorite.

Given that you are into this kind of Indie stuff, let me get the chance to list some few other great titles in the same vein that I think you might also enjoy:

Coldplay - Parachutes
Grandaddy - The Sophtware Slump
Manic Street Preachers - This is my truth tell me yours
Radiohead - OK Computer
King Black Acid - Loves A Long Song

Best regards.

Jan 14, 2002 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 6
Wab we have similar taste. Good taste that is. Anyway, Yo La Tengo is excellent, and I would recommend most of their albums. My favorites are And then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out and I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One. I listen to Painful less. And then Nothing is a more intimate, quiet album, very good for introspection, while I can Hear the Heart is a little bit more forward. I will let you choose from there. Both are excellent, it just depends on your mood. Also, if you are interested in their foray into electronica, check out the newish Dan Electro Ep, which I just picked up. It is pretty fun, and it includes a collaberation with Nobukazu Takemora if you like him.
Stu.

Jan 14, 2002 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 6
I only have And Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out and it is great... very kick back and mellow.
For other indie rock the new Superchunk: Heres to Shutting Up is good.

Jan 16, 2002 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 6
I just got "Painfull" from the library (the only one they had) and find it a bit disapointing. I will try "And then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out" and "I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One". Those are also the albums those mp3's came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back