Yo Budgie! What about those F1's?
Dec 11, 2001 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

M Rael

500+ Head-Fier
I just read the very funny account of you NorthWesterners organizing your get together this past weekend, and about the Sony F1's you brought to the mix. Well? So how did it go and what do you think of them? Of course I have an ulterior motive:
I'm thinking of putting mine up for sale. Cheap*
Let us know what you think of them, for better or worse.

[size=xx-small]

* the use of 'cheap' in this context is purely decorative,
and in no way implies 'cheap' i.e. 'less money'**

** kidding. yes: cheap

[/size]

Dec 12, 2001 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 3
There are two things I can think of that might account for your criticism of the F1 Neruda; the F1 uses a so-called impedance matching feature in their design, and it might be possible that this part (if it is a physical part- they dont really say) sacrifices something to deliver 'impedance matching.'
More likely probably: that the owners manual shows a graph of how the speaker output is focused and partially absorbed (certain frequencies) as part of their bass enhancing feature. It might be that funneling the audio output in *any* way is detracting from the ultimate level of midrange air.
Considering that there are not just one but two rather unique things used in the F1's design, I'm wondering if these are behind the rather unenthusiastic reception they got from you. Hard to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back