Yet another new Koss closed cheapie
Sep 18, 2002 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
I just got an email from Koss for their new (not yet available) UR15:

UR15_lg.jpg

The headband looks very similar to the UR40; different enclosures, though. Can't tell if they actually are closed, or if they're fake closed like the UR40.

The retail price is listed as $19.99. If anyone's interested, the deal they sent was this:

Quote:

Purchase the new UR15 stereophone and receive FREE SHIPPING (U.S. orders only)

This lightweight stereophone delivers the Sound of Koss from your portable or home sound system.

To take advantage of this great offer:
1. Click on the link below
2. Add the UR15 to your cart
3. Enter coupon code: 917A at check out.

Sep 18, 2002 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 4
it seems as if koss is trying to compete with all these little crappy companies like Jensen and Colby, making full size phones with glittery silver and closed designs....

for $20 i personally wouldn't hold my breath....as little as mac liked the ur40, i doubt this ur15 will fair much better. My guess is that it will turn out very similar to the ur20.

Nov 20, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 4
I recommended these headphones to my friend who wanted a closed headphone for $20. But when he listened to em on his computer, they were impossible to drive! These phones are 32 ohms and 92db, and they were harder to drive than my akg's and senn 580s on the ra-1!

Did he just get a defective product, or has these phones surpassed the akg's as the hardest to drive? Thanks.

p.s. anyone have any closed $20 headphone recommendations for computers?

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 4
I actually enjoy the Sony MDR-CD180s, but you have to know they are massively flawed with boominess and sibilance and echo going in. But I like them.

Quote:

Originally posted by mr man
p.s. anyone have any closed $20 headphone recommendations for computers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back