Yet another CMoy problem thread
Jan 7, 2006 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mattdev121

New Head-Fier
Hey, i've just built my first CMoy amp with the tutorial from tangentsoft/audio and i've ran into a few problems.

All the parts are code-matched from the parts list, and I've double checked the resistors with my multimeter. Basically, i'm getting very very low levels of volume out of both channels. I'm using the default gain 11 resistor option.

Now I measured the two power supply wires going to the op amp itself, and its supplying the op amp with 1.55v of power. I'm using a fresh single 9v battery, but this still seems a little low.

Please tell me if this is correct or not and if there's any more troubleshooting steps I can take.

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 4
OOOOH wow. At least I have something to laugh about now.

Looks like I made a very stupid mistake, I placed the LED and its RLED inline with the switch, limiting the whole board's input voltage to 1.5v. She works beautifully now.

Sorry for bothering you, but at least I got it working.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Post some pics of the board both sides, so it is easier to help.

Measure voltage in teh power supply section from left to ground and right to ground. You should get 4,5 v or very similar if the voltage divider resistors are working correctly! Check for solder joints and all the wookup wire connections.

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 4
yeah it works fine now, a very clean 4.5 on each side of the power supply.

Only problem is that I don't have much volume control, but i'm just using a single channel 10k ohm pot. I'll run out and pick up a proper volume control later today.

Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back