Yet anotehr grounding question. please help. diagram inside.
Jun 17, 2005 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kin0kin

Headphoneus Supremus
ogm.jpg

lately, the numerous grounding threads and humming problem is kinda troubling me, so here goes my question. looking at the awfully drawn diagram
icon10.gif

the input gnd is connected to the dynalo's input gnd.
the output gnd is connected to the dynalo's output gnd.
the psu gnd is connected to the dynalo's psu gnd.
everything is isolated from the metal casing, the metal casing is not grounded.
now where do i connect the earth?
and is there any problem with my grounding?

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 6
ground metal case to earth, and connect earth to signal ground at either the input jack or at the starground.

If you get hum, either use a groundloop breaker or back to the drawing board. And this time use a ruler
icon10.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz
ground metal case to earth, and connect earth to signal ground at either the input jack or at the starground.

If you get hum, either use a groundloop breaker or back to the drawing board. And this time use a ruler
icon10.gif

hey garbs, they aint any star ground, everything is connected to the board's gnd, the ground plane. so should i

-connect earth to the casing at a point, and wire another cable from input ground to the same point as the earth on the casing.

or...............?

Jun 18, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 6
The groundplane on the amp board IS your starground if all other grounds meet there.

You want to either wire that directly to the case usually with the shortest method is fine.

OR

Another common way is to wire the input ground directly to the case at the input jacks.

Don't do both or your asking for grounding troubles.
Earth should be connected again either to the starground, or to the case directly closest to the power jack. If you get a 50hz hum then try putting a ground loop breaker in.

http://www.rane.com/note151.html Everything you ever wanted to know, and lots you didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back