Yes! finally re-ripped my CD collection and then some!
Oct 31, 2006 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

camille

1000+ Head-Fier
to keep everything nice and organized in the same bitrate, my entire CD collection needed to be re-ripped. there are a few instances where it's different (iTMS purchases), but about 98% of the rest are at LAME 320kbs mp3.

in all, about 300 CDs were ripped and encoded. yeah i know it doesn't seem like much but i'm happy i got this done. (w00t. just cracked 4000 songs!)

albeit pointless, just like to share this with you.
tongue.gif
cheers!

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 6
Nope it's not pointless, I am doing the very same thing now re-ripping my CDs all to WAV for volume/normalizing process later using Soundforge V8. And they will all end in Soundforge VBR Hi for my DAP.

Tedious process but that's the path we have to take to get any semblance of hi-fidelity on the move

Oct 31, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Wait, you didn't rip them at FLAC, but at a high MP3 bitrate?
blink.gif

i don't know a Mac software which uses FLAC. and also, i'd also have to use rockbox (which is very sketchy for Macs) and not to mention i would need a much larger hard drive. bah, too much work
tongue.gif

besides, I really can't tell the difference b/t a 320kb LAME encoded mp3 and ALAC. so it would bee too much of a hassle.

Oct 31, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille
besides, I really can't tell the difference b/t a 320kb LAME encoded mp3 and ALAC. so it would bee too much of a hassle.

Right, but now if you ever want to change bitrate (for example, to fit more on a portable), you'll either have to rip them yet again, or transcode from lossy to lossy, resulting in a loss of quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back