Yes, Another Clone...
Mar 21, 2004 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 8
From a Head-Fier who was banned for selling the PCB's as Grado clones.

Mar 21, 2004 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 8
Please note for future reference that it's not OK to call something "Brand X Model Y clone" when discussing. See the link below if you have any further questions.

Rules RE) DIY Posts

Mar 21, 2004 at 4:55 PM Post #7 of 8
Nice work. Looks like an in-line connector for the LED. That's a great idea. Sure makes replacement of the LED easy if need be. That case looks like what I'm looking for my Pimeta and dual 9V. Is it metal or plastic? What brand is it? Where can you buy them?

Mar 21, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 8
"What case is that?"
It's Context Engineering Inc., Santa Clara CA.
I purchased it from Fry's Electronics, San Diego, CA.

"... BTW, what size shrink tubing did you use? I noticed your1/4" jack is gold plated. Where did you get it?"
The srink tubing is 3/16" and it just barely fit. 1/8" would be fine. The gold plated 1/4 jack is common here in San Diego, CA. You can get it at Fry's Electronics or Willie's Electronics, National City (San Diego County) or Mar Vac Electronics, Los Angeles, CA.

"Where did you get your PCB from?"
"Jiggler" (no longer here).

"That case looks like what I'm looking for my Pimeta and dual 9V. Is it metal or plastic? What brand is it? Where can you buy them?"
The case is black anodized aluminum. Actually it comes with black screws but I bought some brass ones for the gold look. I was going to gold plate the knob but I wanted to finish this thing. See brand and distributers above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back