Yamaha YHT-185 beat Z-5500?
Mar 7, 2008 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cartmaizm

New Head-Fier
Hey,
Maybe I tell you a tiny bit about my current setup so we can make suggestions based on that.

I currently have a X-Fi Fatality Pro Gamer linked up to my Z-5500's via optical. Reason I want to change is because I find my movies are lacking quality and I am just not happy with it. Also, I would prefer quality of sound, clarity, crispness over loudness (which I don't even have em up loud anyway), which is what the Z-5500's specialize in. Though games the Z-5500's are excellent.

I was looking at the Yamaha YHT-185's. From what I can see, they are much better sounding then the Z-5500's, mainly due to the AMP that it has. I don't know a much about speakers and I was wondering if it is worth selling off my Z-5500's for these.

Also, are there any other brands of HT speakers that I should have a look into for around the same price?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mar 7, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 4
I've been looking into getting a proper speaker setup, I have the z-680s setup in surround in a relatively small room. It works way too well for gaming, then I have my headphones for music. I've always been more inclined to piece together a system myself that get a HTiB.

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It works way too well for gaming, then I have my headphones for music. I've always been more inclined to piece together a system myself that get a HTiB.

Yeah I would prefer not to have headphones on for music... I would like proper speakers. I have earphones when I am out of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back