Yamaha HS8 or Elac UB5 ?
Aug 19, 2017 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jincuteguy

Headphoneus Supremus
Looking for a good pair of bookshelf speakers or studio monitors and looking at the Yamaha HS8 and Elac UB5.
ARe there anymore recommendations? Budget is $1000 or less

Aug 22, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 6
Do you have a power amp or receiver or integrated amp already? If not, get the HS8, but I don't recommend it on bedrooms as the bass will be too resonant. If you do have an amp, get the ELAC + Subwoofer

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Do you have a power amp or receiver or integrated amp already? If not, get the HS8, but I don't recommend it on bedrooms as the bass will be too resonant. If you do have an amp, get the ELAC + Subwoofer

Thx for the recommendations. If I go with the Elac UB5, what power amp would you recommend? And if I get the HS8, can I still use a power amp? thx

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 6
HS series are already powered so you won't need a power amp. You can hook it up straight from a smartphone if you desire.

If you go with Elac UB5, Assuming you're in USA or can import from USA, I recommend either bel canto REF150S or Schiit Vidar as your stereo power amps. If you want something cheaper and have far more versatility, the multichannel Home Theater receivers from Marantz or Yamaha are great sounding as well.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #5 of 6
HS series are already powered so you won't need a power amp. You can hook it up straight from a smartphone if you desire.

If you go with Elac UB5, Assuming you're in USA or can import from USA, I recommend either bel canto REF150S or Schiit Vidar as your stereo power amps. If you want something cheaper and have far more versatility, the multichannel Home Theater receivers from Marantz or Yamaha are great sounding as well.

Thx for the recommendations, but I don't see where I can buy these amps? I looked them up on Amazon and didnt see any.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back