Head-Fier
8434144.gif

vs

prod9304_hdr_1_1_61.jpg

+

prod14066_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

Which will sound better?

Aug 21, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 8
I'd stick with the X-Fi but forget the creative speakers. Go with either the Klipsh Promedia Ultra 5.1 or the Logitech Z(something) 5.1's. Both will give you far superior sound in comparison to the creative setup (Klipsh > Logitech).

good luck

Aug 22, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangs55
I'd stick with the X-Fi but forget the creative speakers. Go with either the Klipsh Promedia Ultra 5.1 or the Logitech Z(something) 5.1's. Both will give you far superior sound in comparison to the creative setup (Klipsh > Logitech).

good luck

No.Klipsch ultra is arguably better than Gigaworks(not far superior lol),but Logitech doesnt come close to either.Ultra and Gigaworks are far superior to Logitech,unless you want muddy sound with alot of boomy bass.
Edit:Klipsch has much better more powerful with better texture subwoofer,but some people prefer Gigaworks' sattelites over Klipsch.Also,the setup wont cost you twice more if you go with "xtreme music",its the cheapest of the X-fi line,my bad.

Aug 22, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangs55

good luck

lol logitech is way too bassy for my taste...

as for not going with Klipsch Ultra..I used to have it. It is an excellent multimedia speaker but songs that I like sound better with better satellite.
I heard that Gigaworks has better satellites than Klipsch while Klipsch has better bass.

Aug 22, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #7 of 8
The Latter package. I have heard the older MegaWorks 550 and since these are said to have a more refined sound........pick the GigaWorks.

FLAT RESPONSE !!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2005 at 1:41 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by net_dos
lol logitech is way too bassy for my taste...

as for not going with Klipsch Ultra..I used to have it. It is an excellent multimedia speaker but songs that I like sound better with better satellite.
I heard that Gigaworks has better satellites than Klipsch while Klipsch has better bass.

This is true, I own the Logitech Z-5500 digital 5.1. If you're into high bass, let me tell you, this will rock your socks with 188 WATT stand-alone subwoofer. The size of the subwoofer definitely compliments the power of the ground shaking bass, it's a little bigger than a size 15" crt monitor.
Good luck deciding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back