YAMAHA ALTO RECORDER YRA-302BII
Feb 5, 2006 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I went out today and bought a new YAMAHA ALTO RECORDER YRA-302BII. I never played one of these before but thought I would learn how to. I seem to remember them years ago when I was a hippie. The one I got is said to be a real good one of that make. I learned my first song today and can now play it OK. Mary had a little lamb. I really like the sound of it and hope to learn allot more on it. I am using my Philip's headphone stand for it to rest in. This plays great and cost was not very expensive.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 6
For some reason I really hate the sound of the recorder. It is the only instrument that I can honestly say I despise.

That said, finding any instrument you are interested in playing is fantastic. More music in the world is never a bad thing.

Good luck with your new hobby!

Feb 5, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 6
Squeek:
HI: The recorder that you might have heard could have been a Soprano Recorder that has a very high pitch. They are very abundant and very inexpensive. But the ALTO recorder is much bigger and has a deeper much sweeter more mellow sound.

Feb 5, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #4 of 6
What you really need is a bass recorder
smily_headphones1.gif
I have one of these beauties bought while I was a child. It ran me about $20 and is insured for something ridiculous like 5k because of the wood and who it was made by. My youngest brother was the last to use it in the family. I think my niece may have it now.

Feb 5, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 6
Zanth
HI: The YAMAHA bass recorder cost about 300.00 but must sound real nice. The other problem with it is that there isn't much music written for it. It is used mostly in orchestra background ensemble's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back