Y splitter?
Mar 7, 2006 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Whitebread

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I wouldn't make much sense to get expensive blue jeans cables and use them with a 2 dollar 3.5mm-2 female RCA converter. Blue Jeans doesn't make such a splitter and I'm going to need one, anyone got any sources for a quality splitter?

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 10
believe it or not the ratshack ones are actually pretty good... it is a simple adapter and while no adapter would be better it really is not going to make much of a sonic difference... especially with portable gear... also knowing the file types that most use.

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
$20.50 a pair at Vampire Wire. You'll need to scroll down that page to see Part #Y.

Very high quality. HeadRoom also sells them for a few $$$ more if you want to support a sponsor.

Somehow I don't think that'll fit quite well in a 3.5mm mini-stereo jack.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
$20.50 a pair at Vampire Wire. You'll need to scroll down that page to see Part #Y.

Very high quality. HeadRoom also sells them for a few $$$ more if you want to support a sponsor.

Thanks for the link Agile, but I think those Y adaptors are RCA splitters.

I guess I'll get the rat shack ones, I just feel a little violated caue I'm using expensive BJC cables with a rat shack splitter.

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
If you are too good for RadioShack then get this

I was just kidding about the radio shack splitters, sometimes I forget sarcasm has no place on the internet.
Besides, this sound card solution is temp until an asynchronous USB DAC is designed and is affordable.

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebread
I was just kidding about the radio shack splitters, sometimes I forget sarcasm has no place on the internet.
Besides, this sound card solution is temp until an asynchronous USB DAC is designed and is affordable.

I was kidding
icon10.gif
<--- guess i should have used that... although the one I liked above is kinda nice as it is a right angle and the ratshack ones are not... not sure what kind of room you are working with.

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
Somehow I don't think that'll fit quite well in a 3.5mm mini-stereo jack.
biggrin.gif

oops ... you got that right.

Sorry all - I need to slow down when reading sometimes - saw "splitter", and started pecking at the keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back