y-split on pk1's too long
Dec 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bik2101

1000+ Head-Fier
anyone else think the y-split is just too long?? i like the length of y-split on the pk2 much more.. any suggestions for this? they don't even have one of those things to control the y-split that most earbuds/iems have.

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bik2101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else think the y-split is just too long?? i like the length of y-split on the pk2 much more.. any suggestions for this? they don't even have one of those things to control the y-split that most earbuds/iems have.

Hi - I thought so too. What worked for me was going to the hardware store and picking up a few sizes of very small rubber o-rings. They're cheap, maybe 15-20 cents each. Pick up a few sizes that you think will work (I just don't remember what I used). Then the hard part - rolling it on over the plug and the Y-connector. If it fits easily over those it's likely too big, but if you can force it over and it's small enough, the friction between Yuin's rubbery wire and the o-ring hold it pretty well. Just slide it up or down to adjust. Not necessarily the most elegant solution, but it worked for me.
gg

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 5
A small plastic wire zip tie would work as well.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #4 of 5
If you trust yourself with a lighter, try some heat-shrink tubings.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you trust yourself with a lighter, try some heat-shrink tubings.
smily_headphones1.gif

yeah thats what i was thinking about - using some heat shrink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back