XP Compatibility Wizard is driving me nuts!
Oct 2, 2002 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
I got my new computer today (for uni), AMD 2200+, ASUS AD7333 with 1G RAM & ATI R9700 Pro.

Whay Hey! but no!, one of the main reason of this machine is to run AutoCAD 2000, and the damn thing won't install!

I've tried the compatibilty Wizard but it still won't run it, a promt with something like "this program require Win 98/NT... to run" did come up the first time I put the CD in and just as I was going to put the serial number in, the thing frozed! So I rebooted and now I can't get it to do anything to the CD.

I've tried win 95, 98, NT, 2000. All did nothing. Is there a way to make windows think I've never put that CD in before? OR any other clue to how to install this person program. This machine cost me a grand and now I can't even install the ONE program it's meant for!

Oct 2, 2002 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Just threaten to toss it out the window, always seems to work with my person machine. Oh shut up Hal....

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 2, 2002 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 4
you do realize autocad2000 is over three years old, right? i believe when it was made, windows 2000 wasn't even out yet. i suggest upgrading, although that probably costs as much as your new box.

i use architectural desktop 3.3 -- built on autocad 2002 -- on my home system (windows 2000 professional) and it works like a charm. i also use architectural desktop 3 -- built on autocad 2000i, which is much newer than standard 2000 -- on this windows 2000 pro system here at work, which also works without problem. of course, i've always considered winxp to suck.

[size=xx-small]p.s. another hint, if your copy isn't exactly legal, you may run into problems from a bad copy or something like that. did the cd you're using now work on your previous system?[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back