Xonar ST > DacMagic?
Feb 19, 2011 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

babypsycho

New Head-Fier
I currently own a DacMagic and im running Prelude as source output into DacMagic

I am planning to upgrade my Prelude to Xonar ST. Will that be an improvement to my music or will they be the same? Anyone tested this?

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 9
But if you're using the digital out from the soundcard, you're not really using the soundcard at all, you'd need to go analog for that, but then the DacMagic would be useless. If your motherboard has a digital out, use that instead and sell the soundcard, otherwise I see no point in changing the soundcard if you are using the DacMagic.

Feb 21, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 9
Well, the 24bit/192 output may be one of the few advantage of the soundcard, but whether you want to spend 100$+ just for that it's up to you since most people say there's no difference at all between 16 and 24 bits and most of the songs are 44khz anyway. Another option is selling the DacMagic and stick with a soundcard, but if you have other systems like consoles, dvd players...the multiple inputs on the DacMagic are very handy.

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 9
If you are using a receiver to amplify the headphones or speakers, you should use the analog out from the DacMagic to the analog in of the receiver. If you use the optical out from the DacMagic, it will be the receiver that decodes the final signal not the DacMagic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back