Xonar H6 Availability?
Jan 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 5
http://www.amazon.com/Asus-XONAR_HDAV_H6-A-Multi-ch-Extension/dp/B003LD94SM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1295197985&sr=8-6
Was on newegg for many months as well but i can't find it anymore.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks.  I just saw that.  It is also available on ebay.  The thing is I am interested in purchasing the Xonar ST + H6 but many respected online retailers are starting to deactivate these products.  History has shown us that driver support usually ends when a product is discontinued.  In addition it seems that Asus is not so great with driver support to begin with.  How long has this sound card been out?  Would it make more sense to get a Titanium HD instead?  Primary use is for gaming with DT880s and movies.  I want something that is very good with audio cues such as DH. 

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Asus support is crap yeah but it's not like you are buying a graphic card to need new drivers all the time. :) Just get the latest stable and you don't need to upgrade them ever again. Asio and dolby headphone works perfect, you don't need anything else. The titanium Hd as far as i know does NOT include a headphone amplifier and that can be a deal breaker with your headphones. Also beyer cans pair nicely with the essence cards based on some opinions i have read.

Jan 16, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the help I am still going to do a little more research (to ensure that the card is not going away) before I pull the trigger.  Windows 8 is expected to be released at the end of this year.  It would really suck if I end up with a paper weight at the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back