Xonar GX and Dolby Headphone
Dec 30, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 10
Hello,
Can the Xonar GX and DL be used together?
Are they compatible?
Thank you.
Are you asking is the Asus Xonar's GX mode and the DDL (Dolby Digital Live) can be used together?
I do not think the Asus Xonar's GX mode has won any awards.

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 10
Dolby Headphone and GX.
Not sure how these two will interact.
I guess Asus came up with GX mode to help Asus card compete with Creative CMSS-3D and SBX Headphone surround sound.
And I guess GX mode did not really have the ability to compete with CMSS-3D & SBX.
Why do you want to use GX mode anyway?
Me, I would just use Dolby Headphone.

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #5 of 10
I guess Asus came up with GX mode to help Asus card compete with Creative CMSS-3D and SBX Headphone surround sound.
And I guess GX mode did not really have the ability to compete with CMSS-3D & SBX.
Why do you want to use GX mode anyway?
Me, I would just use Dolby Headphone.

Just wanted to get the most out of 3d sound.

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #6 of 10
Just wanted to get the most out of 3d sound.
I would be surprised if GX is worth it, GX software was last updated over three years ago.

Jan 1, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 10
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 10
Dolby Atmos for Headphones and Windows Sonic are built into Windows in the Sound propeties, these are average, its 360 in your hesd as opposed to just stereo

CMSS-3D and SBX are built into creative sound cards, sbx is a bit better than atmos for headphones

Sennheiser GSX dac/amps

DTS Headphone:X built into some gaming headsets

Razer Surround isnt great

Flux HEar V3 and toneboosters isone i dont think you can use with gaming

Waves NX and OOYH are the best options imo.

Put in your head dimensions in Waves NX and you should get very accurate placement, the surround field can get about 1ft(30 room ambience) to 3feet(90 room ambience) outside your head.

Out of Your Head can range from 1' to seemingly huge rooms if using a hifi system. I find the Genelec preset to be a few feet out, the Cello or Magico Q3 to be a small room, and the Egyptian Theater or some of the Coltrane presets to be huge rooms.

With both programs I recommend EQing your headphones flat, for instance if your headphpnes follow the harman curve and have a peak or elevated area from 2khz to 6khz by 10db, reduce that area by 10db. Otherwise the program will sound very bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back