Xonar essence STX to DAC
Jan 11, 2010 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

stewiessexyparties

New Head-Fier
Hello, in the other primary essence thread it mentions that the STX is connectable to DAC/AMPs. I was able to connect my card to an amp with success however connecting it with an optical cable(toslink) to my DAC was not working. Is there a way to make this setup compatible and have it run through my amplifer aswell? The DAC is a paradisea 3 and connects to the amp via RCA cables.

BTW I just got the card today and it sounds amazing with the amp.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 9
possibly you have chosen a non compatible digital format for output that your DAC can't read. Check your DAC's paperwork and see what the highest bitrate it can handle, and set your digital output in the Xonar control panel to that and you should be in business.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 9
Correct me if i am wrong but is this the Sample rate? The max it goes on the DAC is 96KHz and even though it is set to that on the Xonar, I am still having no sound.
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #7 of 9
glad to hear you got it sorted.

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #8 of 9
This should be sticky thread or in the FAQ in Asus support forum. Can we move this thread there? haha...

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewiessexyparties /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I discovered the problem. The Spdif out does not send an analog signal when set to dolby digital live. I set it to PCM then turned on the DAC and it all worked. Thanks

That would make sense as Dolby Digital Live is a realtime encoder and encodes audio to 5.1. A normal 2 channel DAC would be incompatible with that signal. A receiver on the other hand could decode that signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back