Xonar Essence STX microphone woes.
Mar 9, 2016 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Trancefreak

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there!

I'm using this ASUS soundscard and was pretty satisfied with it for 3+ years now.
Problem? I've bought myself a Beyer MMX300, where before I used a DT990 with Logitech USB mic and everyone complained that I sound really soft with a lot of white noise. 
My voice was experienced as hollow and metallic, which I, at first, thought was a bandwidth problem since I am at the very end of a copper line from my ISP.

Now, I re-enabled the HD-audio integrated soundcard from RealTec and plugged in my microphone into that card and ... while not really clear, I was suddenly much louder and understandable.
I sounded 'normal'. Comparable to other people, I believe the comment was.

So I guess my ADC from my Xonar Essence STX mic input is borked? :frowning2:
Googling the problem I find a few hit and no solutions. Is this a known and solved problem here on Head-Fi?

I use latest Unified drivers on Win10 64bit, have tried 2 different 3,5mm to 6,3mm adapters and have set windows, Skype and Xonar software settings to Mic Xonar as default, at 44.1/16bit. 
Mic Amplification of'course amplifies the noise even more, every volume setting is at 100%.

Thoughts?

Also, if unsolveable: I've read the boom mic from the beyer is decent and I really dislike the use of the RealTec integrated soundcard.
Can anyone recommend me a USB soundcard good for recording? Price/performance is key in this case, I think, since I'll only use it for the microphone.
What are my options?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back