Xonar DX and rear speakers problem
Mar 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Silt

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I think I am about to throw my xonar away...

Some data:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Gigabyte mobo and xonar dx with the newest drivers
Senns Hd555 and Logitech x530

Well, I have my 555s connected to the front panel and it works almost(that will be later explained) well.
The speakers are connected with the standard wires to the back of xonar.
Unfortunately, when I carry out a speaker test so that each of them is to play separately, the rear speakers stay quiet. Front, center and woofer seems to be fine. I tried restarting, different settings and also messed with the win7 control panel but still no effect.

I actually haven't finished yet... The next thing is the the 'muting' right channel. After some hours of using the computer, right channel in both - headphones and speakers drops to 30-40% volume of the left channel.
I mean, both are still set for 100% of power. Only restart can fix it...
This happens even if I won't listen to any kind of sounds.
The solution of the magicians from Asus support center is that I should reinstall windows. God bless these ppl for solutions like those...

cheers

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try and put your speaker in the SIDE channel output. Run your speaker test again and see if it works.

works like a charm
smily_headphones1.gif
thank you. i'm just wondering why is it so that the rear speakers must be connected to side channel ? is it the case in every xonar dx ?

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 8
It is just the way some see Dolby Digital. If set up properly, DD 5.1 actually has side channels at the rear they are not actually rears in that sense. When setup properly they go to the side of your head and just slightly to the back. They are not right behind you as you have in say a 7.1 setup.
There are a few cards that are marked like this...
Glad you got it fixed.

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #5 of 8
Alright
wink.gif
Thanks a lot.

Has anybody encountered the some problem with right channel volume dropping to 40% after some hours of using win7 ? As I've already mentioned, only restart solves the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back