Xonar D2X, Sennheiser 595, Sennheiser e845 S. How the hell....
Oct 24, 2010 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rune1980

New Head-Fier
Hello, all you lovely people here at headfi. This is my first post, and also my first venture into the mid-range audio segment. I have always liked the sennheiser headphones, but have only just now gotten a set that is abit more than the usual.

I have the 595 connected to the d2x, and they sound amazing. I understand from other posts that they will sound better given time, so i am looking forward to that.

Now, my problem is this: I have bought a Sennheiser e845 microphone. I would like to connect it to the computer and have a nice sounding mic to go with my nice sounding headphones. My first problem was the connectors. Since the d2x does  not have a XLR port, i tried simply changing one end of the cable to  mini jack connector. This works, but there's an awful lot of noise, and the volume needs to be turned way up high for it to be heard. So, im guessing my little DYI was a complete fail, and i need some kind of microphone interface/amp? Can anyone tell me what i could look at to make this setup work? Or is this wayyyy out and in no way possible? If so, what microphones could be worth getting for the PC ?

Great place you guys have here btw =). Was based on all the posts about the 595 i got those. Been lurking awhile, but never felt i had anything to put on writing here =)

Oct 24, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back