Xonar D1: Headphones with subwoofer out?
Mar 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

joeshmo

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, brand new member but long time reader.

After reading around for the best 50$ pair of cans, I got a pair of superlux HD668b's. They are brilliant and sound so nice with my computers xonar d1 card (albeit a little quiet for my tastes when using with my droid, but I'll be getting a portable headphone amp eventually.) But I miss that bass "boom" that I get in my car or with my stand speakers (don't laugh, I use 20 year old Technics SB-lx70 3-ways. They get a bad rep but sound amazing! My other pair of speakers are infinity reference 3's, which are very nice as well for analytical listening).

I am considering adding a tactile transducer to my system (see: aura bass-shaker/dayton audio puck). I feel as though it will help me get the most out of my music since I like that bass feeling but I don't like waking up my entire neighborhood to get it. The problem I'm having at the moment: I can't figure out if my audio card will allow me to output to both the subwoofer channel and the amplified headphone channel at the same time. The d1 has a "flexbass" option, which is a software lowpass, but I don't think it puts anything out when trying to use my headphones. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back