Xmod wireless?
Mar 3, 2008 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

qaid

New Head-Fier
Okay I'll start by saying that I searched this forum and browsed for 2 hours before posting.
You see, my CompUSA closed yesterday and in all the buying madness I bought Creative X-mod X-Fi wireless music system. I had no idea what I was buying so I decided to come here and find out.
I was shocked when people were saying this was garbage for $19 (and to think I paid $40!), but it wasn't until now that I realized they were talking about
Amazon.com: Creative Labs Xmod USB Sound Card for PC & Mac: Electronics

instead of:
Amazon.com: Creative Labs Xmod Wireless Music System with X-Fi Technology 70SB083000004: Electronics

I'm wondering if any of you have experience with the product in the second link? There aren't many reviews on amazon or online, and I don't think I can trust their opinions as much as I can yours. I would like to know how this will sound with my laptop (no dedicated sound card). If sound is distorted or whatever, I will probably try to sell this on ebay and save up for something better. Thanks for your input.

Mar 5, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 2
It's basically the same thing as the Xmod but with a wireless transmitter, sort of like a budget Squeezebox. For $40, that functionality might be worthwhile. If there's a way to disable the "Crystallizer," or whatever is supposedly yielding "better than CD sound," it might be a decent upgrade over your laptop's onboard sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back