XM8500 with PC (what's required) + TS3, Audacity, Fraps etc
Nov 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Luponius

New Head-Fier
Hello there, I purchased an XM8500 mic along with an XLR to 3.5mm cable to plug it into the PC.

Windows 7 mixer detected the device, and when ticking "Listen to device" on  I can hear myself decently well, however Teamspeak seems to have something to say about this.  I'm wondering if I'm missing something in terms of hardware or software which would eliminate the issues.

On Teamspeak I get a constant half-bar static noise which doesn't happen on Windows.  But on Windows I'm also somewhat soft and it only picks up noise if I talk right in front of it straight in (rather than the expected round-ish area of detection that I saw on videos).  Do I need some kind of pre-amp?

Windows 7 64 bit, ASUS Saberthooth x58 motherboard (integrated sound card not being used from the back, using the front panel connectors which lead into the mobo's internal if that's any difference)

Appreciate advice and resources on this matter.  I will continue searching in the meantime for any information I can get! :)

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 4
Teamspeak I think has options to select the input recording device. It doesnt default to the Windows Default.

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply, the proper device is selected in Teamspeak, however the sound levels (during testing) are right in the middle and stay there.  This is not what was happening in Windows, however my voice in windows was very low as well, to the point were I had to bring the mic to my lips and talk face-in into it.  I'm wondering if I'm in need of some pre-amp of some sort?

Cheers :)

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Can't seem to edit it but just another quick question, should I not plug my mic from the front panel but rather go around to the back of the integrated sound card?  There are 6 connectors on it and I'm not sure which one I should use for a dynamic mic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back