XM4 Portable Headphone Amplifier
Jan 19, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 6
Welcome to head-fi, I'm sorry for your wallet!

You need to give us more information - what is your player & your headphones? Will you be using this as a portable, or in your home/office, or both?

What do you mean by a "headphone one, possibly a micro"?

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 6
It's a portable amp that I was never able to use portably. Even on low gain, my sensitive, portable headphones went from no sound to too loud with nothing in between. I used it for about a year as a home amp at work and it did a reasonable job of driving 150-600 ohm headphones. If you planning on an amp for IEMs, I'd look elsewhere. Personally, I'd look elsewhere for a home amp too.

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to head-fi, I'm sorry for your wallet!

You need to give us more information - what is your player & your headphones? Will you be using this as a portable, or in your home/office, or both?

What do you mean by a "headphone one, possibly a micro"?

My mistake, I mean Headroom .
HeadRoom Micro Amp

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a portable amp that I was never able to use portably. Even on low gain, my sensitive, portable headphones went from no sound to too loud with nothing in between. I used it for about a year as a home amp at work and it did a reasonable job of driving 150-600 ohm headphones. If you planning on an amp for IEMs, I'd look elsewhere. Personally, I'd look elsewhere for a home amp too.

X2 on the no sound to high volume. I thought the amp had a pretty decent sound and I liked the bass boost option, but the volume knob turns so easily..I was constantly bumping it and blowing my ears off. Also all the features it has such as pushing the button 3 times to leave it on till you turn it off was a little irritating to me. I would be listening and all of a sudden it would go off and I would think something was wrong, then I would remember I only hit the button once, therefore it turns off after an hr. I know it's useful to some for the amp to turn off on it's own after and hr or whatever...but I found it more of an irritation.

One thing on the real positive side is..the size is perfect imho. I always velcro my amp to the bottom of my ipod, the xm4 to me was perfect for this. I had the rsa predator for awhile and it was sooo tiny I had a hard time with it used this way. I love my 2move...but I would love to have it shrink to the size of xm4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back