XLR to RCA cable or converter?
Oct 26, 2009 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bialystok

New Head-Fier
I'd be looking to connect balanced outs on a DAC to unbalanced inputs on an amp. Does anybody have advice on whether to get XLR to RCA adapters and just buy an RCA interconnect, or buy a XLR to RCA cable? Any recommendations would be appreciated. I don't think I'd have the skills to make my own.

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 5
I would recommend the cable instead of the adapter; one less thing in the signal chain. You should be able to find various quality ones at guitar centres, from Hosa to Magami. You can also get good quality ones from Blue Jeans Cable (you have to talk to someone as it's not one of their standard cables, but they will definitely make them) or Neko Audio carries a nice one as well that I am currently using.

If you really want the adapter, I know Cardas makes them, but they cost around $75. For that price, you can just get the cables from Blue Jeans or Neko. You might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere though.

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 5
Go to Daleproaudio.com, free shipping and they carry all manner of converters and adapters.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bialystok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was contemplating getting a pair of mogami gold xlr to rca cables because I use them in my DJ setup. Just wasn't sure if they were good enough for an audiophile setup.

Mogami gold is high-quality stuff. I think it would very suitable, I've been thinking of picking that exact cable up myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back