XLR switching?
Sep 24, 2008 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

starcat

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

As I am running out of XLR inputs on my preamp and only have one (amplified) XLR out for the mono power amps but need more in order to connect headphone amps without loop connectors, I was wondering what you guys use for XLR switching? Any recommendations for great units, maybe passive or active, just what is worth it (or not)?

Thanks and greetings

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by starcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any links? Thanks!

Single Power doesn't keep the website up to date, so there are no links to it. You'd have to go to his website and click the contact email to ask about it or get pictures. Sorry. I should have taken photos at the head-fi meet in July, but wasn't thinking ahead.

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was this what Mikhail was showing you?

Goldpoint SA2X Level Controls / Passive Preamps

No, the ones mikhail had were more like a cube than flat and wide.

However, the function was quite similar - he makes them with his expensive in-house stepped attenuator, or offers them without the attenuator which is about half the cost - so about $275 without attenuator and $550 with (if my memory serves me right). The one I saw had one input and three outputs, 2 on the top row and two on the bottom row.

[EDIT - the inputs and outputs could be used either way, as a "one source into a choice of three outputs", or "three sources into one output". But, I forget what the genders of the jacks were, because to use it the other way would sometimes require gender changers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back