XLR Male to 1/4 TRS Female Adapter for balanced amp?
Jan 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

darren700

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all.

I am going to be buying a Audio-GD NFB-10SE soon. It will eventually be paired with Balanced LCD2's. However for a while i will be using it with my Denon D2000 which are not balanced.
The NFB-10SE puts out 1/4 the power of balanced operation when in single ended mode. What i want to do is make an adapter cable so that i can use Single Ended headphones with the balanced output of the amp so i can utilize the full power. Is there anything wrong with doing this? would it damage the amp because the grounds are joined in the adapter?

Thanks
Darren

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Dunno but the D2K doesn't need much power, it's low impedance and quite efficient.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Hello all.

I am going to be buying a Audio-GD NFB-10SE soon. It will eventually be paired with Balanced LCD2's. However for a while i will be using it with my Denon D2000 which are not balanced.
The NFB-10SE puts out 1/4 the power of balanced operation when in single ended mode. What i want to do is make an adapter cable so that i can use Single Ended headphones with the balanced output of the amp so i can utilize the full power. Is there anything wrong with doing this? would it damage the amp because the grounds are joined in the adapter?

Thanks
Darren

I'm curious to know if anyone does the above too. I have a few headphones I wish to connect into balanced but no intention to mod all of them so I was thinking of doing a XLR to female 1/4 adapter so I can fit on all headphones without modding everyone of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back