Xin Amps - Repair
Jan 6, 2010 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

markstvn

New Head-Fier
I have a Supermacro 4 that only works with regular batteries, the recharging function of the amp no longer works, so you can't use rechargeable batteries. I also have an old Superdual, that needs a new jack. I gave my Supermacro 3, (upgraded to a 4), to my son. There are some battery connection issues with that one, and it only works with a power adapter.

I dealt with Xin before he became too big. It was a hassle then, but not impossible. Obviously, he is no longer in business. I was just wondering if anyone knows someone who has a repair business that may be able to work on any of these amps, now, or at sometime in the future. Obviously Xin is gone, and if he appeared tomorrow, I wouldn't send in anything for repair.

Xin made a great amp, but was a terrible businessman. It seems to me, that there are a least a few members on this forum, who know how to contact him. Why don't they ask him to provide a straightup answer on his status. Anyway, I'm looking for someone other than Xin to repair Xin amps. Is there anyone out there.

BTW-

My next portable will be a RSA Predator, I'm going to order it soon. My guess is that it will be every bit as good as my Supermacro 4.

I'm new as a registered user on this forum, but have lurked here for years. One thing that Xin and his products did do for me was introduce me to the world of headphones and amps, and for that I am grateful. I really don't think he is a bad guy at all, just very eccentric.

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 3
It looks as though he let a large workload get on top of him, then seemingly ran away from it instead of finding a way to cope with it. Not the first of such incidents of Head-Fi related mini-makers, but one of the more prominent no doubt.

Until similar amps started appearing very recently comparatively speaking, I'd long felt that his amps were the only ones worth buying as part of a portable rig... and given the results/hype/price balance of some of the new crop of Xin-like portable amps, I still kind of feel his are the only ones worth buying.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, but I wish you luck in finding someone able to affect repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back