Xfi Fatality vs Asus Sonar STX
May 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumbaa32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont play game much, mainly only CS Source but i dont know if the STX will do the same good job in term of sound environement precision as the Xfi.

i think only x-fis can keep up with these settings Guru3D.com Forums - View Single Post - X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone + snd_digital_surround 1 in console, although STX's dolby headphone seems to be a decent job as well, since you don't play other games like BF2/bf2142/ut3 which basically NEED an x-fi i think you can go ahead and buy the stx

May 14, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #17 of 22
Thank you guys for suggestions. I just could not stop myself from thinking about the STX so i went to my favourite store and bought one today. I've listened to some of my favourite songs and oh my god, the STX sounds much better, much more musical than my Xfi Fatality. Wonderful sound quality- crisp and clear on all my cans.

I'm extremly happy so far.

Thank you guys again for "forcing" me to buy this amazing card
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #18 of 22
yep, glad to hear you liked it, I've had countless eargasm since I got this baby.. haha..

May 15, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Thank you guys for suggestions. I just could not stop myself from thinking about the STX so i went to my favourite store and bought one today. I've listened to some of my favourite songs and oh my god, the STX sounds much better, much more musical than my Xfi Fatality. Wonderful sound quality- crisp and clear on all my cans.

smily_headphones1.gif

Glad you got your debate sorted out and you got a card that your happy with.
BTW, you can improve or "dial-in" the sound more to your liking by installing other opamps.
smily_headphones1.gif

That is another topic in itself but one that STX owners seem to enjoy talking about and comparing notes on.

Enjoy.

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Good to hear that you are enjoying it. How would you rate the on-board amp on STX compared to your little dot?

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonsurf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to hear that you are enjoying it. How would you rate the on-board amp on STX compared to your little dot?

How to say? The Little dot is a Tube amp so the sound comes out from this amp is very smooth, sweet detail.. The on-board amp is quite good but is not at the same league as the little dot, at least for my ears. The on-board amp has enough power to make my HD650 sounds loud, quite detail but quite harsh, the bass is no where as tight as the little dot.

I only listened to 2 albums with the on-board amp and switch back to my little dot and never look back again. In term of overal sound quality, for me , if the little dot is 10/10 then the on-board amp should be 7.5/10.

Hope that helps you abit.
o2smile.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #22 of 22
Do you guys think that at the price of Asus Essence STX you could get a better price/quality ratio from a dedicated 2 in 1 (DAC+headphones amp) ?

Ps. Consider that I will use it with kind of 100-150 Euro headphones (HD555 or HD595 or something in this price range)

Thanks a lot.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back