id upgrade to a decent powersupply made by

pc&c
fortran
ocz
enermax

your on the limit on what your psu can handle

Really? Hm.

Will this do?

I would want to keep it around $40 (if possible) if I have to up my PS.

Feb 14, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #9 of 14
its better than what you have so id say its good enough but psu are usually something yoiu dont wanna skimp out on

edit: then again im coming from an overclocking background where psu means everything
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #10 of 14
Cheap PSU = crap, & watts mean nothing these days. Check out http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

IMO, the Thermaltake 480W Purepower is quite decent, but you can find better & cheaper from Fortron (FSP). If you are running stock, definately upgrade your power supply before it kills something
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Cheap PSU = crap, & watts mean nothing these days. Check out http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

IMO, the Thermaltake 480W Purepower is quite decent, but you can find better & cheaper from Fortron (FSP). If you are running stock, definately upgrade your power supply before it kills something
wink.gif

SO anything on this page is cool 400W+? Though you said watts don't matter?

How 'bout this?

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #13 of 14
First off, I wouldn't change anything unless for some reason you encounter a problem. If you were woefully underpowered then I would say yes, change it out...but you are not and you should be just fine. I run a system that needs 2x the power that one does and I am running money on a 450w low-end Antec.

You should be all set...

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #14 of 14
Well I got a higher end 500w Antec brand new for a good deal, I'll put the card in and run my system without opening the new PSU, so if I need it, it's there. If everything seems fine after a few days, I'll return it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back