XDuoo XD-05 PLus alternatives?
Feb 22, 2020 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BubisUK

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I have my mind set on the Xduoo XD-05 Plus portable amp/dac.
I am planning to use it as my main desktop setup dac and if I need it I can take it with me.
The main draw to this particular dac for me is that I could change opamps and tinker with the sound a bit if I would want to.
The hardest thing it will ever have to power is going to be Sennheiser HD600.
My question is for the same amount of money, roughly 200£ can I get something better sound wise, not necessary portable, but with changeable opamps?
I am still new to all of the hifi stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Mar 1, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for your suggestions, but I want something with upgradeable/changable opamps.
It could be a totally desktop solution, but have the upgradable part.
I have tried googling and looked in this forum, but either there is nothing in my price range or I am missing it :)

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #5 of 5
The Littlebear B4-X is a portable “tube” amp that might pair well with your HD6xx. It uses an 8-pin DIP connection that makes swapping amps extremely easy.

This review does a good job of summarizing its pros/cons. It also provides options for compatible op amps with links on where to purchase them.

I wouldn’t recommend this product as your first/only amplifier, but I enjoy its sound—especially with my HD650 and it is designed to make op rolling essentially foolproof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back