Xduoo XD-05 BASIC (new release update)
Mar 8, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #31 of 41
seeing as you're in Japan and assuming you have access to many Audio gears. what's the reason(s) you choose the xDuoo XD05 Basic over the other stuff?
Price / performance, size (I need a very small portable unit that can function as a desktop amp) and convenience of ordering from Amazon Japan. I live in a rural part of Japan and I'm not willing to go to Tokyo at this time. At any other time, I'd be on my way to e-Earphone in Tokyo to sample a variety of amps.

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #33 of 41
Just rolled in a AD827SQ op amp, and wow, what a nice upgrade. I've also got a Muses2 on the way in so really looking forward to hearing what improvements that brings too. But right, now, just really loving my set up.

Apr 24, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #35 of 41
Do the xduoo xd05 basic sufficiently enough to drive the sundaras?
Yes, more than enough. I sent mine back because I was having issues with the volume pot, and decided to upgrade to the Balanced.

I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping that the Boost on the Balanced, which increases the current output, and the much better dual Sabre DACs, will provide a nice improvement over the Basic.

The Basic is probably tough to beat though for $150 for the Sundaras.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #36 of 41
I have been seriously considering getting the XD-05 Basic, but having read the issues some of you are having I am now not so sure.....someone please tell me whether I to bother to get it.
I had XD-05 before having the basic version an I think XD-05 delivers more SQ.

For first, there is this annoyng distortion everytime the sample rate changes, and sometimes when i just press pause and play again the distortion appears for a sec. and goes off.

And the XD-05 presents better transients, yielding to good detal retrieval and nice punchier bass.

I think this basic version maybe has a cheaper circuit, with cheaper components, or maybe I was just unlucky.

Jun 7, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #37 of 41
I had XD-05 before having the basic version an I think XD-05 delivers more SQ.

For first, there is this annoyng distortion everytime the sample rate changes, and sometimes when i just press pause and play again the distortion appears for a sec. and goes off.

And the XD-05 presents better transients, yielding to good detal retrieval and nice punchier bass.

I think this basic version maybe has a cheaper circuit, with cheaper components, or maybe I was just unlucky.
Thanks @antenorhs, I appreciate your response. As I had not heard from anyone, I came to the conclusion that some on this thread were not prepared to recommend the XD-05 Basic.

I then made the decision to buy the HAAFEE HA11. The HA11 has not disappointed. It has niggles, some of which require getting used to, but all taken into account, the HA11 is not bad.

Jun 7, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #40 of 41
I have the same symptom on my unit, unfortunately seems to be a quirk of the model or at least of some batches (mine is from around November 2020).
maybe I was just unlucky.
Not at all, heard many complaints about the same issues, also have them myself.

I ordered a cheaper (US$100) Breeze Audio table DAC with similar specs to see where its at, hopefully it doesn't have the same vices as the XD05 Basic does.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #41 of 41
I wonder if anyone sells cases for the XD-05?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back