XCanV2 ps Voltage
May 22, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen
I decided to build my own ps to replace the wall wart for my XCanV2. I basically copied PinkFloyd's easy X-psu http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/easyxpsu.htm. (I will post picks shortly) I'm a little concerned about the voltage I'm getting (13.5 V). Will this be a problem?

Hi Juergen,

What is the VA of the transformer you're using? If it's a 30VA 12V AC toroidal then you will be getting 13.5 V which will drop to 12V under load. The V2 won't demand 30VA so the voltage will drop to around 12.9V.

I asked MF about the voltage ages ago and the X-can V2 is ok up to 14.1V or thereabouts so you'll be fine with 13V :)

If I remember correctly their wallwart measured around 12.5V and the X-PSU measured 13.5V at no load.

All the best.

Mike.

May 22, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
What is the VA of the transformer you're using?

It's a 30VA
Quote:

I asked MF about the voltage ages ago and the X-can V2 is ok up to 14.1V or thereabouts so you'll be fine with 13V :)

That's great news!
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
If I remember correctly their wallwart measured around 12.5V and the X-PSU measured 13.5V at no load.

I measured 12.5V on the wallwart also. Now that I know it's safe I can start listening. I was thinking about doing some A/B testing by swapping psu's under load. Is that a good idea? Also, I just got the Panasonic FC caps for your X - Can V2 Capacitor Upgrade but I think I'll listen with my new psu for a while before I do it.

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back