XCan V2 Owners HELP!
Jun 1, 2004 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Juergen

100+ Head-Fier
I decided to perform PinkFloyd's XCan V2 Capacitor Upgrade:
http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/capscomplete.htm

I proceeded to remove 9 of the 10 caps on the upper circuit board when I realized I hadn't written down the cap values and where they go on the board!
eek.gif
Can anyone help me out and tell me the values (uF & voltage) for caps 1 thru 11 (there is no 9)?

Jun 1, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV
Did you see this?THIS? It should be pretty easy to tell where they go once you get them because of size. If this doesn't help then just PM Pinkie.

JV.

I have a printout of the list right next to me. I have been squinting at the photos on his site. What made it worse was the fact that most of the caps used by Pinkie were Elnas so they are already different in size to the Panasonic FCs I'm using. When you mentioned size, I did look at the 'before' picture and noticed the size difference of the original Jamicon caps and deduced the rest. Thanks for the hint! Hopefully I guessed right. I'm installing them now in fact. Also, I did pm Pinkie, but I figure I'd cover my bases.

Jun 1, 2004 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 9
attachment.php

There you go Juergen....... when you replace the caps on the bottom board replace them one at a time!
wink.gif

The 2 x 16V 1000uF can be replaced with 2 x 35V 1000uF if you like.

All the best

Pinkie.

Jun 1, 2004 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Whoooops! That diagram was incorrect it should be as per this diagram:

As I mentioned earlier, "Hopefully I guessed right". I definitely did it one of these two ways. Right now I can't remember which.
rolleyes.gif
I left it on overnight and it appeared to be ok. This morning I checked and saw the first post and had my doubts on the way I did it so I ran upstairs and shut it off. I will have to see when I get home tonight. I just couldn't wait.....
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 1, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen
As I mentioned earlier, "Hopefully I guessed right". I definitely did it one of these two ways. Right now I can't remember which.
rolleyes.gif
I left it on overnight and it appeared to be ok. This morning I checked and saw the first post and had my doubts on the way I did it so I ran upstairs and shut it off. I will have to see when I get home tonight. I just couldn't wait.....
evil_smiley.gif

The second diagram is the correct one..... sorry about that.

Mike.

Jun 2, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #9 of 9
The results are in...........

I got lucky this time. I installed them like the second diagram
600smile.gif
As I mentioned in my first post, I was on my last cap when I realized I hadn't noted their locations but I did mark the last one. That one was one of the 16V 1000uF caps. That was the last piece of the puzzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back