xbox360 live headphones
Nov 9, 2006 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
ok, so i think a few of you have this console; i've had two of them but ended up selling; but now (GOW....cough.......) i think i'll get me another one, and here's the score: i'm going to be setting myself up with a nice external dac (zhaolu with upgraded headamp most like) and i'll attatch the xbox to it

so all's well and dandy for playing off live, but when playing on live the score is different since i have to get the sound going through the phones, not the headset, AND i need to somehow attach the microphone (or a microphone of some sort) to my headhones; i will not buy "headset" headphone cuz the PRIMARY purpose of the phones is to indulge me in rapturious music, and secondly for games

so, i've done it before with some problems; i know in dashboard you can set games to play voices through your "speakers" (i.e. phones in this case), the problem i had was the volume of folks' voices was rather low, not sure how i'd change that

so:

1. i'm trying to decide what phones to buy; this is a not the big question cuz i'm sure i'll cycle through different types; i've had k701 and grados and want t get dt880, dt990, hd650, blah blah

2. do i either hack the mic on the included headset apart and duct tape it to my phones? or do i get another mic? i know there's a wireless mic coming out but i don't want to pay for it and it probbably wouldn't help things anyway (unless you think it would, i'd consider it)

does anyone do this right now? of all forums, someone has to do this eh?

when i have a dead-sexy outboard dac and headphones, it would be criminal to play games on live with my lousy polk speakers and t-amp (ok, not lousy, but nothing special), so i'm hoping to work this out

thoughts?

Nov 10, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 4
My gaming headphones of choice are my K1000's
k1000smile.gif

My Plantronics Mirage Noise Cancelling headset fits perfectly under the ear speaker, and the totally open air design of the Mirage headset allow sound from the K1000's to pass through.

Add to that my Velodyne HGS-10, and I have the ultimate headphone based gaming system!
wink.gif

-Ed

Nov 10, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 4
ah yes, that would certainly work; but i'll certainly not be getting earspeakers
smily_headphones1.gif
so i think the voice has to go through the phones themselves, but your implimentation certainly makes me consider some other posibilities......hummmmmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back