Xbox Problem
Feb 18, 2007 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Headphoneus Supremus
This is the original Xbox.

When I got it at first (a week ago) the thing powered on fine and would play games and CD's. I didn't use it for the past two days and now the thing won't show any video or audio and the light ring just blinks orange on and off. My controller and cables work fine in another Xbox. Is it dead? Am I out $60?!

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You may want to check the fan, according to this site it's a fan issue.

The fan spins fine and is stock so I don't think thats it. Also I don't get any picture. It goes straight to being orange and blinking.

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #4 of 7
dude, i had a similar issue, for mine, i took apart the housing and disconnected everything (drive, contoller, heat sinks, anything i could without damaging, then put it back to gether, worked for another week, then i would just leave the thing dissassembled, like some of those pc's that are supposed to be special,i don't know i have mac, it just works great. but anyway, i would jsut disconnect everything and put it back when i wanted to start it, worked for like 2 more months, then starting it started to be a battle, sit there for half an hour turning it on and off, eventually it just stopped working, powered up fine, but nothing to show for it, no blinky lights, just no visuals,,, (it would play a dvd fine thoug),,, i know weird, then one day i was pissed and launched it out the window, i was trying to wait till halo3 for a 360 (price might go down), but now i've got a new 360, and it ****ing sucks, when playing halo, the dolby digital 7.1cuts out when **** get's hectic, it can only proccess so many inputs, then all sounds cut out, so when i'm in the middle of a rocket battle, i can't hear anything all of a sudden and i die because i can't tell where anything is from sound,,, goes to show how much you rely on sound to give you a spacial image.

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #5 of 7
I'll try out if all else fails as rather disconnect everything if it isn't required.

I think if you get a update from Live! your sound issues will go away, because my friends 360 had issues like that but it got better after getting it patched. However the original Xbox STILL played it better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussell6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude, i had a similar issue, for mine, i took apart the housing and disconnected everything (drive, contoller, heat sinks, anything i could without damaging, then put it back to gether, worked for another week, then i would just leave the thing dissassembled, like some of those pc's that are supposed to be special,i don't know i have mac, it just works great. but anyway, i would jsut disconnect everything and put it back when i wanted to start it, worked for like 2 more months, then starting it started to be a battle, sit there for half an hour turning it on and off, eventually it just stopped working, powered up fine, but nothing to show for it, no blinky lights, just no visuals,,, (it would play a dvd fine thoug),,, i know weird, then one day i was pissed and launched it out the window, i was trying to wait till halo3 for a 360 (price might go down), but now i've got a new 360, and it ****ing sucks, when playing halo, the dolby digital 7.1cuts out when **** get's hectic, it can only proccess so many inputs, then all sounds cut out, so when i'm in the middle of a rocket battle, i can't hear anything all of a sudden and i die because i can't tell where anything is from sound,,, goes to show how much you rely on sound to give you a spacial image.

Feb 19, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 7
Is there a (lets call it homebrew firmware :)) chip in the box ?!
If so you should check the grounding/S0 connection of the chip.
At least that is one of the main causes for orange blinking w/o showing any error code on screen on boxes I modded
blink.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #7 of 7
No the Xbox is completely stock. Stock dash, 'firmware', and everything.

My Xbox modder friend says it might be the IDE cables. I'm gonna look into that as a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back