X3 DOA?
Dec 7, 2014 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TexasGlen

New Head-Fier
Help, I have a brand spanking new X3 that hasn't played a note because when powering up it goes to the language selection screen and then there is a screen overlay that shows a padlock symbol and a bunch of Chinese text and then immediately powers down.  I've even tried pushing the reset button during the short time it is powered up but no joy.  Can anyone shed any light on what is going on -- or maybe even know how to fix it?   

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 3
  Help, I have a brand spanking new X3 that hasn't played a note because when powering up it goes to the language selection screen and then there is a screen overlay that shows a padlock symbol and a bunch of Chinese text and then immediately powers down.  I've even tried pushing the reset button during the short time it is powered up but no joy.  Can anyone shed any light on what is going on -- or maybe even know how to fix it?   

Switch the "hold" off. It's the sliding button on the side, It catches a *lot* of people out.

Dec 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks so much - I can't believe it was that simple.  Doh!  Homer Simpson moment there.  Although I might have had more of a chance if the message weren't in Chinese!  Ha ... ha.  I did several web searches with different terms and didn't come across anyone posting the problem or that answer.  I think you may have added to the web karma tonight.  Thanks again.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back