X3 Cover Art (Cropped or Not) POLL!
Feb 6, 2015 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ngs428

500+ Head-Fier
How would you like to see your cover art on your X3?  Current v3.3 firmware aligns the art with the top of the screen and crops the left, right and bottom.  Imagine the entire image below is your cover art, The X3 only displays the section in the white box.

A similar poll is also underway on the FiiO forums at: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40184&extra=page%3D1.  Head over there and vote too!

The green areas are what is being cropped/covered.  Thanks Mr Trev for the image!

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 13
I Liked it when it was not cropped, like my A17 walkman does a perfect cover display, square or fix with aspect ratio bars like those in wide screen movies

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 13
i prefer seeing the whole image too .... and additional reason ( may be wrong ) is that the player will be faster in changing between songs information and album arts of different albums when shuffling ! 

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 13
I'd like to see as much of the image as possible, but I don't want to see black borders if the image doesn't have the ideal aspect ratio. The later is less desirable than a cropped image.

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 13
Scaling the image up/down to 240px by 240px will solve the problem but in that case the bottom half showing the filename, progress bar and elapsed time will need to have an opaque background rather than the translucent one in the stock theme.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 13
I would like to go one step further and bring back the play display toggle.  There used to be the option of Cover, Lyrics or ID3.  Lets bring that back!

Old V2 manual screenshots...  John Michael Montgomery in all his uncropped greatness!  Bring it back please!!

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 13
I'd also like a user selectable play screen.

Personally I prefer the cover view of the first screenshot - a static title or filename on unicolored background is easier to read than the current temporary text on thee cover art.

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #10 of 13
Good to see the votes still coming in. I passed on the link to and the info about this thread to Joe. I asked him to pass on the info to the correct people at Fiio. He said he will see what he can do.

The results of the poll could not be any more clear. Hopefully FiiO listens to its users. They have done a great job so far doing so!

Keep the votes coming!

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #12 of 13
  Scaling the image up/down to 240px by 240px will solve the problem but in that case the bottom half showing the filename, progress bar and elapsed time will need to have an opaque background rather than the translucent one in the stock theme.

+1 from me, the scaling is acceptable, but not ideal, would love to see it 'proper'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back