X1 doesn't recognize albums
Feb 2, 2015 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

elmolewis

New Head-Fier
Hello, i've got a problem with my Fiio X1. Whenever i'm adding a new album to my sd (128 gb) the media lib shows the same number of songs added and the album doesn't show in the album category. If i look in the folders menu i can see it but when i click it the screen freezes and it must  reset..then i reconnect to the usb port and check the album folder but it doesn't contain any song!! (maybe my sd delete it??) Please help, thanks.

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 7
  Hello, i've got a problem with my Fiio X1. Whenever i'm adding a new album to my sd (128 gb) the media lib shows the same number of songs added and the album doesn't show in the album category. If i look in the folders menu i can see it but when i click it the screen freezes and it must  reset..then i reconnect to the usb port and check the album folder but it doesn't contain any song!! (maybe my sd delete it??) Please help, thanks.

A couple of questions:

1) What firmware are you on?

2) How many songs does it show when you update the media library?

3) Are you sure your micro SD card is real? There are a lot of fakes floating around, so if you had bought it at a really low price, it's possible that it's fake. You can use h2testw to test it.

Feb 4, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 7
1) Firmware is 1.1

2) the media library shows around 730 songs  updated then it stops. I think it's my microsd, wich i bought online and was supposed to be a class 10, but it is very slow..i'm trying with another sd right now

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 7
  1) Firmware is 1.1

2) the media library shows around 730 songs  updated then it stops. I think it's my microsd, wich i bought online and was supposed to be a class 10, but it is very slow..i'm trying with another sd right now

It definitely could be. Fakes will physically look like a 128GB card and even appear to have 128GB of storage on your computer but they are actually 2-4GB cards that were modified (somehow).

You can use h2testw to test it.

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 7
This problem is happening to my X1 as well.
I have a Sandisk 64GB card which I'd assume to be honestly legit, seeing I purchased it through Amazon.com

I've loaded [drag and drop= albums and tracks] in excess of 5800 tracks, but the similar thing happened.
No matter how many more tracks I add, I still show 5800 after the update of Media Library has happened each time I safely remove it from my USB port on the computer [laptop]

My X1 is two days old and it has firmware ver. 1.3 as the OEM.

Can anyone come up with some kinda suggestion of what is going on and how to fix this?

I've never had a DAP before this one, so you would agree that I'm a rookie user.

Cheers,
Vernon

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #6 of 7
  I've loaded [drag and drop= albums and tracks] in excess of 5800 tracks, but the similar thing happened.
No matter how many more tracks I add, I still show 5800 after the update of Media Library has happened each time I safely remove it from my USB port on the computer [laptop]

The X1 library has a 5800 track limit. The files are available in folder view, but the library will stop adding tracks once it reaches 5800.

I use FLAC files so I won't ever reach that limit, but I don't use the library anyway. I don't do shuffle, I'm a full album at a time listener. What I do is sync my music to the X1 using a folder structure that works the way I would want the library to work and is based off the track tags - Genre\Album Artist\Album\<tracks here>. I use Media Monkey to sync so once I set it up I haven't had to think about it at all, just hit sync and my tracks are put on the card in that hierarchy. Then to access music I go to the folder view and drill in through that folder structure to find the album I want to listen to.

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #7 of 7
  This problem is happening to my X1 as well.
I have a Sandisk 64GB card which I'd assume to be honestly legit, seeing I purchased it through Amazon.com

My X1 is two days old and it has firmware ver. 1.3 as the OEM.

Can anyone come up with some kinda suggestion of what is going on and how to fix this?

I've never had a DAP before this one, so you would agree that I'm a rookie user.

Cheers,
Vernon

Hi, Vernon Thompson. As eric0531 said, yes, "the X1 library has a 5800 track limit". This problem will be fixed in the next firmware, which will be released after the X3 2nd gen's , according to the schedule. At present, there is already the X1's beta firmware being tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back