X-FI HD vs Fiio E10
Dec 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #16 of 18
I'll probably send the Fiio E10 back in the next few days, because the X-Fi HD seems to use my headphones better, but is not without some reservations. Whenever I've used one of the devices for a longer while, going to the other one always results in a refreshing sound experience. It's like they both use completely different approaches. The X-Fi uses the whole membrane-surface and to a significant degree the backgrounds resulting in a very earthy, relatively balanced sound, whereas the Fiio E10 uses only the middle membrane, but to a more powerful degree, resulting in great clarity in some midranges. I'm currently leaning towards the X-Fi because I'm less often reminded of its limitations, which seem to be always present with all the qualities of the E10. But if the E10 is any indicator of a better use of midranges, I'll be tempted to take the E17 although that was initially much too expensive for me.

Quote:

What is the output impedance exactly ? Is it available somewhere, or did you measure it ?

If you do not hear any noise on the X-Fi HD, how do you know it is noisier than the E10 ? Is it based on the specs or measurements ?

50 Ohm of Sennheiser HD 595. Noise is probably the wrong term, I just tried to describe clarity and differentiation accuracy in a certain way. I've found it called "muddy" and that gives a better idea, though it is not all that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back