X-CanV2 as parallel monoblock for AKG K1000?
Apr 17, 2006 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

themystical

100+ Head-Fier
I have tried the AKG K1000's with a number of amps including the famed EAR V20 and the best sound quality has been from the humble X-CanV2! Unbelievable but true! I think this may be something to do with the simple circuitry employed in this amp which makes the sound more immediate and dynamic.
Anyway I wonderd whether I could use two of these to give me a dual mono set-up. Now there are in theory two options for bridging, one of which is the series bridge which requires an inverted input to effectively increase the voltage swing and hence the power output. I was more interested in the parallel option which would effectively mean connecting together the inputs and the outputs of the two stereo channels creating a monoblock with increased current. This on the basis of some feedback in this forum regarding the synergy that the First watt F1, a current source amp, seems to have with the AKG K1000's.
Before I actually attempt this, I was wondering whether it was safe to do so. A circuit diagram is attached. I really don't fancy wrecking this wonderful amp! Help please!

Apr 17, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 2
paralleling is not something that is easily done IIRC, it had some cravets. But standard bridging is possible. It's even easier if you have a balanced source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back