What!?!?!
Aug 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

LankySwag

New Head-Fier
I just got my Monster Turbines from Amazon in and check this out!!

qA4Ln.jpg

Both of them are like this now. Im going to the store to get super glue and just try to do it myself because i cant wait for them to reship etc.

Anybody know how to fix or have this issue?

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
anyone????

Although I don't mind it (if it's not done an annoyingly amount of times), people don't like bumps that happen within an hour or two.  Your best bet is to contact Monster CS (I hope you purchased through an authorized dealer) and get them replaced.  Superglue or anythng of that nature will most likely void your warranty. 

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Although I don't mind it (if it's not done an annoyingly amount of times), people don't like bumps that happen within an hour or two.  Your best bet is to contact Monster CS (I hope you purchased through an authorized dealer) and get them replaced.  Superglue or anythng of that nature will most likely void your warranty. 

Yea i know bumping is annoying, but im about to go to the gym and its like do or die, glue or not lmao.

WIll superglue work though? and will it effect sound?

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:
Yea i know bumping is annoying, but im about to go to the gym and its like do or die, glue or not lmao.

WIll superglue work though? and will it effect sound?

Superglue shouldn't affect the sound drastically.  Technically it can if the glue isn't done properly (elongates the housing for example). Whether this is audible or not is up for debate XD  It may void warranty though, which means your warranty with Monster ends (IDK if Monster offered the lifetime to Turbines or just the Pro series). 

Quote:
And what does Monster put on them to hold them together?

I actually don't know.  I'm sure they use some sort of adhesive though.  Unless they click together. 

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #7 of 13
Superglue shouldn't affect the sound drastically.  Technically it can if the glue isn't done properly (elongates the housing for example). Whether this is audible or not is up for debate XD  It may void warranty though, which means your warranty with Monster ends (IDK if Monster offered the lifetime to Turbines or just the Pro series). 

I actually don't know.  I'm sure they use some sort of adhesive though.  Unless they click together. 

Nah they definitely don't click into place! I've tried every way lol. Ill try to be careful with the glue and see how this turns out

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
Nah they definitely don't click into place! I've tried every way lol. Ill try to be careful with the glue and see how this turns out

Good luck.  That's the only way around it. My recommendation would be to send it to Monster though (if you could) and live a few days without music. 

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #9 of 13
Holy crap! That sucks! I would definitely send them back. I know it sucks not having them for the gym and that's why I always have a spare pair (usually my last great loves before I upgrade-lol) in my gym bag as backups (also have a backup DAP....what can I say, I'm anal-lol). I would send them back and maybe order some cheap JVC's or Panys to have as backups. No way would I glue them. But like tiny said, I doubt if you're careful it would affect sound much. FWIW

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 13
Hahaha aww man, I needed a good laugh today. But yea, that sucks. I'd definitely call Monster ASAP for replacements. Supergluing and all that jazz will only make it harder to get them to give you another pair, because they would then have ammo to make you look incompetent. Good luck. 

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #11 of 13
it may be too late, but i would not glue them, and if you bought them from amazon, i would return them to Amazon.  Did you buy them from Amazon, or from a 3rd party seller- and is it an authorized retailer of Monster products?  Within the first 30 days of purchase, an authorized retailer should simply replace them once you send them back -- once you mess with the iems, all bets are off.

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
it may be too late, but i would not glue them, and if you bought them from amazon, i would return them to Amazon.  Did you buy them from Amazon, or from a 3rd party seller- and is it an authorized retailer of Monster products?  Within the first 30 days of purchase, an authorized retailer should simply replace them once you send them back -- once you mess with the iems, all bets are off.

I'm on your side here.  I'm hoping the OP didn't glue as well.  At the end of the day though, it is his Turbine, not ours.  It is smarter to live without music for a while and get them replaced. 

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #13 of 13
I would return them for refund and get anything but Monster brand. I purchased the same pair (Turbines) about a year ago from Best Buy and same thing; I opened the package and both earbuds just fell apart. I immediately took them back and got my money back from Best Buy. I've witnessed and heard of Monster's horrible quality control too many times. You can do much better sound and quality wise than Monster. I use Etymotic Hf3 for my in-ears and highly recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back