WTB Home Theater system. Need help
Sep 3, 2007 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

beefwellington

New Head-Fier
So i'm looking for a 5.1 system for my new 42inch LCD TV. I use this TV mainly for playing my 360 and PS3 on with a little TV here and there. I'd love to use HDMI and Optical since 360's HDMI audio doesn't support 5.1. I'm looking to spend $400ish if possible.

Sep 3, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #2 of 4
$400 would be spread too thin for an all-around great 5.1 setup with receiver. If you consider that there are seven items (6 speakers + receiver), that means you'd be spending roughly $58 per item, not including cables.

Other options include getting a 2.0 or 2.1 system and upgrading from there, or getting a home-theater-in-a-box solution. Onkyo is a solid brand for HTIBs. This is a more realistic option considering your budget, and since everything is matched, the home theater experience will likely be pretty good. Not audiophile quality, but decent.

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$400 would be spread too thin for an all-around great 5.1 setup with receiver. If you consider that there are seven items (6 speakers + receiver), that means you'd be spending roughly $58 per item, not including cables.

Other options include getting a 2.0 or 2.1 system and upgrading from there, or getting a home-theater-in-a-box solution. Onkyo is a solid brand for HTIBs. This is a more realistic option considering your budget, and since everything is matched, the home theater experience will likely be pretty good. Not audiophile quality, but decent.

Looks like I'll get this. I'm not a true audiophile since I don't have the money due to a lot of other hobby's I'm into (mainly airsoft).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back