WTB: Cheap but good wire for DIY
Jan 6, 2010 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rune3400

100+ Head-Fier
I want to make my own mini to mini, so i need some wire
smily_headphones1.gif
Where do you guys buy from? I am looking for something in the cheap end, but i have a medium-high quality portable setup(cowon s9+mini3+hd600) so i dont want the cable to ruin anything

Thanks in advance
Rune

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 2
Mogami W2893 is great for mini-to-minis, as it is very high quality, nicely shielded, and has very good flexibility (not to mention each conductor is colored differently making it easy to keep track of). You can get it pretty cheaply from Redco.com along with connectors, sleeving, heatshrink, etc. If you use just a foot of Mogami, and some solid Neutrik's (get the wide entry), and do it well enough to not need heatshrink or sleeving, you can make an excellent mini-to-mini for under $10 (similar ones are sold on the FS forum for at least $20, sometimes much more than that by ebay scammers).

As long as you put it together properly (good solder joints), it will definitely not hurt your setup.

Check my gallery if you want to see it in action. My first cables were Mogami, and after a long trip through many materials, I might return to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back