Wow, I think I just bought poorly recorded CDs...
Mar 30, 2007 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wnmnkh

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought My Chemical Romance was probably worst recorded album until I bought some Fall Out Boy ones.
blink.gif

Man, this is terrible. So much clipping that I felt serious pain on my ears with very low volume. Yeah, currently I am using K701, which probably worsen the situation. I will try this with HD650.....
frown.gif

How they can make such terrible record? Don't they listen to their CDs before they release these?
mad.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 7
Blame the money hungry record companies...not the bands. They make the recording "hot" for non-audiophiles. Can you imagine what it will sound like on a 128kbps .mp3 and Ipod earbuds
blink.gif
?

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 7
OK, even with HD650, my ears still hurt!
This is terrible, at least My chemical Romance is listenable with HD650, but this one is so clipping much that I can't listen more than 20 minutes!

Now I am trying this with HD595, the probably most forgiving cans I have (and have ever had.) I am thinking about selling the CD.

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 7
Im pretty sure the record companies assume that no audiophiles would be buying My Chem or Fallout Boy records.

99% of their fan base is 14 year olds with ipods and ibuds,

Mar 31, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 7
I think you're giving record companies way too much credit. Can you imagine record company execs debating which albums might be purchased by audiophiles and how hot the recording should be. Nope, can't see it.

BTW, I like Fallout Boy and I'm 40 - I'm a 1%'er - yeeaaa!!!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im pretty sure the record companies assume that no audiophiles would be buying My Chem or Fallout Boy records.

99% of their fan base is 14 year olds with ipods and ibuds,

Mar 31, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #7 of 7
With HD595, the sound is much more enjoyable, but it leaves much to be desired.

Well, you're right fordgtlover. I should abandon all hopes on those record companies....
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back