Would DH Labs cables be noticeable step up from something like Supra in mid-fi setup?
Jan 31, 2024 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dbull12

100+ Head-Fier
I know this is a highly subjective topic that also contains a whole lot of ambiguity, but I've been considering "upgrading" the cables in my system and would appreciate some input. The current cables in my system are a Neotech NEUB-3020, Forza Claire interconnects, and the generic IEC cable for my Cayin iHA-6. I'm considering changing these out for Supra or DH Labs cables, as I think the overall thoughtful construction of the cables and the inclusion of silver could slightly open up the sound and add a little bit more air and holography to my system. Aside from my ZMF Atticus, I will soon be getting a Verite and have been demoing one for the last month. Although I'm fairly treble sensitive, I haven't found the Verite's treble bothersome at all with my current setup even on poor and noisy recordings.

The cables from Supra I'm looking at are:
Supra Excalibur USB
Supra EFF-ISL RCA interconnects
Supra LoRad power cable

If I were to step up to DH Labs I'd be looking at:
DH Labs Mirage USB
DH Labs Air Matrix Cryo RCA interconnects
DH Labs Power Plus Cryo

I contacted Greg from DH Labs and he pointed me to cables that would be good for what I'm after and was also pretty effective at convincing me their cables would create a big improvement for my system, but it kind of feels like it would be crazy money to spend given the level of my gear (see my signature). I'm hoping someone here either has experience with similar DH Labs cables or has experience going from cables around Supra quality and price point to DH Labs quality and price point and can weigh in with their thoughts and impressions. Thanks!

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back