Would anyone be interested in this headphone stand?
Oct 12, 2020 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SamusAran

Head-Fier
After I bought an Elex a couple of years ago I wanted a nice stand to store them on, but after weeks of searching I couldn't find anything that I liked, so I made one myself. I used the shape of the foam cutout that the Elex came in to cut some white maple and stain it black (I had to buy the wood in bulk so I have an extra one FYI...). Anyways, my brother-in-law works with decorative red rock. I asked him if it would be possible to make an exact replica of my stand using his rock, and he said it would be easy using a waterjet to make an exact, clean cut. It would probably sell between $60-$80. Dimensions (in inches) are 11-5/8 x 5-3/4(base) x 4. The thinnest part of the neck is 1-7/8, and the widest part of the head is 5. My stand was specifically tailored for Focal headphones, but I imagine that it would suit any full-sized headphone. Not sure about weight, but the rock version would probably be around 20 lbs(?).

The rock is red sandstone and those dark bands throughout are iron (see pics). They'd probably be sandblasted in the front to give it a little texture. The sides, which articulate with the cans, would be smooth rock, but we might put some sort of sealant or something to assuage concerns about scuffs, although probably not necessary. Not sure if we'd do it, but just trying to take the temperature if you think the community would like to have one of these in a rock version. Thanks!

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0005.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back